Skip to content

What to Bring to Thanksgiving Part 1- Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough

November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and if you are worried about what you should bring with you as a guest or what you should make as a host(ess), allow me help you out by passing along this DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip/Spread recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie.

Let me warn you now – this is ADDICTING! At least Double or Triple the recipe and make it the same day you will be bringing it to the party or serving it because if not, you will consume it all before even putting it in to a serving bowl. Seriously!

To get the recipe, please go and visit Chocolate-Covered Katie’s post. Here are the options she presents that I chose and the slight changes I made to it:

• Went with garbanzo beans instead of white
  • Added 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
  • Cut the brown sugar down to 1/4 cup
  • Used peanut oil because I always drain the oil from my PB jars
  • Used coconut milk

Katie is a girl after my own heart because the directions for this recipe are super simple. Combine ingredients in food processor or blender and mix!

Ready to be blended!

This could easily be served as a dessert, appetizer, OR your entire meal (haha kidding, kind of)! I ate this dip/spread withcinnamon graham crackers, Honey Crisp apples, and with a spoon straight out of the Tupperware I was attempting to store it in!

So there you have it – a tasty AND healthy dish you can make for this Thanksgiving – or really ANY occasion, that is sure to impress. Bonus is that this recipe is both vegan and gluten-free (just check that the oats you use are not processed on equipment that also handles wheat ingredients) which is very nice for meeting the dietary needs of various people!

Have you thought about what you will be making for upcoming holiday parties? Have you checked out Chocolate-Covered Katie’s blog before? If not, you should. This girl has some GREAT sounding recipes. This Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip is the first I have made and I will certainly be trying others in the future!

About these ads
9 Comments leave one →
  1. November 14, 2011 9:09 am

Awwwww you are SO incredibly sweet. Thank you so much for such kind words!!!

2. November 14, 2011 11:00 am

Yum, this looks so good! I love Katies recipes!

3. November 14, 2011 11:16 am

I love many of chocolate covered katie’s desserts. She does a great job of taking a normally calorie laden dessert and making it a little more guiltless!

4. November 14, 2011 1:08 pm

This sounds amazing! Anything that mimics cookie dough is an A+ in my book!!

5. November 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Mmm… sounds good to me! I’ll be making some healthy and some unhealthy stuff. Balance, right? :)

6. November 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Yum, I’ve seen that recipe on Katie’s site and always thought it looked awesome! Perhaps I’ll have to make it :)

7. November 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Read this post when I was on the floor in my hospital. Um DELICIOUS! I was definitely salivating in Med Surg.

Trackbacks

1. Ginger- An Alternative to Aspirin and Ibuprofen « dinedashdeadlift
  2. What to Bring to Thanksgiving Part III – Jalapeno-Cranberry Relish Recipe « dinedashdeadlift