Skip to content

December 12 in 2012 Recap

December 31, 2012

The final hours of 2012 are here (really, that soon?) and thus it is time for the final recap on my 12 in 2012 To Do List that I set back in January!

Between the end of the semester and traveling the final month of the year was a hectic one. Four items remained somewhat incomplete at the start of the month, and two of them did not get completed fully this year (Ski 30 days and Go on 12 Hikes). However, I am happy that I accomplished nearly everything I initially set out to do (particularly run my first marathon and visit two national parks I had not yet been to)! Here is what happened over the past month:

#4 – Ski 30 Days: Coming off of a poor ski season at the start of the year getting to 30 days became impossible since I had only skied 13 days at the start of December. Luckily there was ample snowfall in New Hampshire this past week and I was able to get in 6 days while back in New England visiting my family for Christmas. I worked as a ski instructor every winter in high school and over the Dec/Jan break in college at a small mountain in NH, so it is always nice to go back and ski the trails I know so well! :-) While I am disappointed I wasn’t able to hit the 30 day mark, I am happy with the days I was able to get in given how busy this past year was.

Cranmore

#9 – Cut My Peanut Butter Intake Down to 2 Jars a Month: For the 12th month in a row, I stuck to this one, checking it off for the year! Doing so has (hopefully) broken me of the 4 jars a month habit for good.

#10 – Make a list of all of my commitments, obligations, etc and the prioritize them and remove some: This item will be an ongoing struggle for me. 2013 will be busy, but hopefully manageable now that I have (mainly) learned how to think logically before agreeing to take on a new task! I’m considering it completed for this year!

Overall this past year was wonderful – definitely on of my favorites. Some of the highlights include:

Visiting Tahoe

Visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park with my Mom

Acadia

Running My First Marathon

BAL_logo

Visiting Shenandoah National Park

NovHike2

All while working towards “Bucket List Item # 1″ – Get my PhD!

While I enjoyed having these 12 “goals” over the past year, I am currently undecided if I want to do a similar “13 in 2013″ list. I will keep you updated!

What are the highlights of 2012 for you? Are you setting goals or making resolutions for 2013?

-Tanya

About these ads
9 Comments leave one →
  1. December 31, 2012 11:06 pm

You have done some amazing things this year! Congratulations and happy new year for whenever it rolls around in your time zone (it’s 12pm on the 1st January here in Australia!) :)

2. January 1, 2013 9:15 am

I really admired what you set out to do in a year. And I think it is even better that you kept track of it, tried to do everything but realize that sometimes it can’t be done in a year. You made a lot of strides and really enjoyed life in 2012 I hope 2013 is just as great for you!

3. January 1, 2013 12:21 pm

You have done so much in a year! I think Oakley is my favorite for the year. He seems like such a good dog and I love that you gave him a good home!
    Here is to another great year ahead!!!

4. January 2, 2013 4:17 pm

I enjoyed reading your goals throughout the year — I remember reading one earlier this year and thinking of doing that for 2013 (and I’ve done just that). It’s definitely motivating to have these goals written down and then set out to cross them off over the next 365 days.

5. January 4, 2013 9:18 am

Girl, you have accomplished so much this year! Way to be! :)

6. January 4, 2013 6:29 pm

I remember reading these for a first time 1 year ago and have really enjoyed hearing your progress, it really has been inspiring. Your accomplishments are remarkable and the pics super fun!! “) I set 12 last year also, not going to do 13 this year, in fact I need to figure mine out too! Happy NYear to you!

7. February 26, 2013 1:19 am

After reading your resolutions, I was surprised about the peanut butter one. That is a lot of peanut butter jars per month, girl! Do you use them in protein shakes? Then, I could understand that many. Keep up the good work with your PhD, that is one long, but very worthwhile quest. I would love to have the initiative to go for one but after two masters, I think I am schooled out for now.

• February 26, 2013 5:24 pm

I use to use peanut butter in just about everything from stirfrys, to shakes, with fruit, sandwiches, ice cream, and of course straight out of the jar with a spoon!

Perhaps you could trade both Masters in and get a PhD in their place? ;-)

Trackbacks

1. Just Peanuts – Krema/Crazy Richard’s Review, Giveaway and Recipes | dinedashdeadlift