Celebrating Swanson’s 45th Anniversary: $45 Giftcard Giveaway
As I alluded to in a previous post, today I have an awesome giveaway lined up. In celebration of Swanson Health Products 45th Anniversary, we are teaming up for 1 lucky DDD reader to win a $45 gift card to swansonvitamins.com!! This website has a great selection of healthy and unique food items (from coffee to pastas to your specialty nut butters and more) which will be delivered straight to your doorstep. Now that is convenience if I ever did see it!
Some highlights of the Swanson site I find incredibly useful for busy folks like myself is 1: the ability to create a list of your favorite products for easy referencing back when you are ready to re-order, 2: the ability to schedule deliveries, and 3: the MASSIVE selection of products, which are all discounted quite substantially from retail (I.e. For all of you Quest Bar lovers you can order boxes for 25% off retail)! I honestly think you could order all of your food needs – besides produce, meats, and dairy – from Swanson. Talk about a grocery store time saver! :-)
Here is the list of the goods I tried out – along with a grade of each!
- Choice Organic Northwest Blackberry Tea Not my favorite tea flavor. I will be sticking with my go-to Chai and Peppermint teas most of the time. Grade: C
- Pereg’s Israeli Couscous Peark Pasta w/Pumpkin Seeds I was really looking forward to this, but wasn’t overly impressed. However, I am not a pasta person, so that is likely why. Grade: C
- Sahale Snacks Glazed Cashews with Pomegranate and Vanilla Oh my goodness, amazing! Slightly sweetened and full of flavor. I actually ordered 2 bags and am so glad I did! Grade: A+
- Peanut Butter & Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter Despite being a ‘PB-purist’ (i.e.- just give me plain legitimate peanut butter, please) I really enjoyed this tasty twist. However, I am not a fan of the added oil. Moving forward I may just mix some cinnamon and raisins into my regular peanut butter when I want a little something more. Grade: B
- Walden Farms “Calorie Free” Caramel Syrup I know a lot of people who use Walden Farm products and I have been curious to see what they hype is all about, so I eagerly added this item to my cart. I found this to be overly sweet – which is saying something since it is supposed to mimic a very sweet product as is. I do see the appeal of using these very low-calorie products (let’s be honest, they are not truly calorie-free!), especially if ya know, you’re dieting for a bodybuilding show like moi :-), but it hasn’t become something I will use frequently! Grade: C
- Andean Dream Quinoa Cookies – Coconut If you can get past these cookies being very tiny, they are quite tasty. I really like the quinoa and subtle coconut blend of flavors. Grade: B.
- Dastony Hazelnut Butter In a world where Nutella reigns supreme and I constantly see folks justifying consumption because, “hey, it has hazelnuts in it”, I was excited to try out just pure hazelnut butter. While good, it doesn’t come close to replacing peanut butter as the #1 but butter in my life and I understand why it is usefully found mixed with chocolate and sugar! Grade: B.
Besides food, Swanson has a large inventory of hair and skin products as well as vitamin and mineral supplements. You guys know I am not about encouraging the whole world to reach for bottles of supplements, but if you take any you can bet Swanson carries what you are looking for!
So now, let’s get you entered into the giveaway for a $45 gift card to spend as you please! Mandatory way to enter is to post a comment on this post telling me what product(s) you would purchase if you win the $45 gift card. For an additional entry, tweet about this giveaway making sure the include 1. the link to this blog post, 2. my Twitter handle @NutritionNerd and 3. Swanson’s Twitter handle @SwansonVtitamins. Contest closes at 11:59pm EST on Friday, July 25th. Winner will randomly chosen and announced Monday, July 28th.
In addition to the giveaway here on DDD you should also go and check out Swanson’s Sweepstakes page for a chance to win the GRAND PRIZE of 45 Awesome Food Items and $500!
Until next time,
Disclosure: For teaming up with Swanson Health Products for their 45th Anniversary Celebration I received $45 of free products to try out. As always, views and opinions expressed here are my own! :-)